- 8 oz. box lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4-6 cups tomato pasta, your favorite
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 recipe Tofu Ricotta (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Barley cook lasagna noodles, approximately 5 minutes. Too long, and they fall apart while you are handling them to layer lasagna. Drain, and set aside.
In large sauce pan, sauté the minced garlic cloves, onion, and mushrooms in water or veggie broth. After approximately 5 minutes, pour in a jar of your favorite tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, and black beans, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cover bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with a thin layer of tomato black bean sauce, then a layer of noodles. Follow with half of the tofu spinach ricotta filling. Continue the same order, using half of the remaining tomato sauce and noodles and all the remaining spinach ricotta filling. End with the remaining noodles, covered by the remaining tomato sauce. Lightly sprinkle with non-diary parmesan (optional). Bake for 45 minutes.
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 16 oz. firm tofu, pressed to drain
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsps. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 10 oz. package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
Thaw spinach and drain as much as you can from it. I wrap it in numerous paper towels and squeeze over sink.
Place all ricotta ingredients (EXCEPT SPINACH) into blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to large bowl and stir in the drained spinach. Continue tasting until you get the salt adjusted to your taste.